Stop COICA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get in here.

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD

doubledurping

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty POST YOUR PLANS THREAD

Post  doubledurping Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:43 pm

This is the thread where you post your plans on how we can spread the word. Initially we were going to use anon for this but mods ban every thread we make there now. So it's time to great creative. Post your plans, and comment on the plans others have posted.

official website: www.stopcoicanow.tk

(and don't forget, meetings in irc every sunday, tuesday, and thursday at 9pm est)

Last edited by doubledurping on Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
    doubledurping

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty the forum bump plan

Post  doubledurping Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:00 pm

THE FORUM BUMP PLAN

This plan is simple. Keep a thread about coica bumped on a popular forum. We all gather in the IRC and then make accounts on a forum, when ready the message is posted, and we all take turns keeping it bumped on the front page. Use the copypasta from the website available here http://stopcoicanow.cwahi.net/onlineflyer.html

And then also add "Please copy this entire message and spread it to everyone on your online friends list, that would be a big help, thankyou."

According to my research, the most popular forum online by far is gaia online. (followed by 2chan, then 4chan)
    Pros: lots of people, not so old that they're lazy and jaded.
    Cons: they're very young, like 12-16 on average

Another popular forum is the forum at IGN

I think our first target should be to keep a thread bumped on both those forums.

doubledurping

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty the craigslist plan

Post  doubledurping Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:10 pm

THE CRAIGSLIST PLAN

Craigslist has a "news" section and a "politics" section for every city. Posting our copypasta in either one would be appropriate. The copypasta is available here: http://stopcoicanow.cwahi.net/onlineflyer.html

If everyone who eventually meets in the IRC volunteers to post once or twice a week in 3 major cities then that should gain us some good coverage. Pop into the IRC during one of our meetings to declare your cities. Meetings every sunday, tuesday, and thursday at 9pm est.
    doubledurping

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty the return to 4chan plan

Post  doubledurping Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:18 pm

THE RETURN TO 4CHAN PLAN

Mention coica and you get an instaban for a day. Post the poster and get an instaban for a day. Solution? Change the colour of the poster and go in under proxy. Get banned, change the poster colour again, change your proxy, and get back in there. Don't start new threads with the poster but post in already existing and getting popular threads, this will make you less visible to mods while keeping your message bumped. Along with the poster write something in your post like "read this, shit bricks" or whatever.

The copypasta and online flyer is here: http://stopcoicanow.cwahi.net/onlineflyer.html
    doubledurping

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty the retweet plan

Post  doubledurping Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:53 pm

THE RETWEET PLAN

Who is in charge of our twitter account? Please email me at doubledurping@hotmail.com

This plan needs many people to help but can't start till I get in contact with our twitter guy, or else I will have to start a new twitter. But please read on.

There is something in twitter called the retweet. When someone sees a message calling for a retweet; then they repost that tweet themselves, and then their followers also retweet it, and so on. Retweets can spread virally. There are many popular websites that report the most retweeted posts, this would further increase our visibility.

Here is a possible retweet:

@stopcoica Internet CENSORSHIP in USA with new bill. www.stopcoica.tk Please ReTweet to spread awareness. One click RT: (place pleasert.me link here)

http://pleasert.me/ is a valuable resource, it will create a one click to retweet link which makes it way easier for people to retweet. This is especially valuable when posting the retweet in forums and websites. Yes, we will have the retweet on the website ready to be retweeted with a single click. Also when doing our forum bumps and craigslist ads we'll be able to ask people to click to retweet.

So where do you come in? Create your own twitter account or use your existing twitter, get followed by as many people as possible and drop the retweet every once in a while.

ALSO AND THIS PART IS KEY: send direct messages to as many major twitter players as you can asking them to retweet it as well.

guide on retweeting: http://mashable.com/2009/04/16/retweet-guide/

Sponsored content

POST YOUR PLANS THREAD Empty Re: POST YOUR PLANS THREAD

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:46 pm